1. What is Write India?
Write India is a collaborative writing initiative by Times Internet, which will have a set of 10 celebrity authors writing the passage of short stories. These passages will be later opened to public for completion. Every month we will select one winner from the entries received with the help of the ‘Celebrity Author of the Month’.
2. Till when can I submit my entries?
The contest closes on 30th of every month.
3. Can I write for more than one or all authors?
Yes everyone is welcome to participate for all authors. Every entry for each author will be considered on merit.
4. How should I submit my entries?
You can upload your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Are there any rules to follow for the story?
Yes, every story has Write India rules, which will be valid throughout the contest and Author Rules, given by the celebrity author of the month. The rules are stated below the Passage from the Author of the Month.
6. What if I don’t abide by the rules?
Failure to comply will lead to disqualification.
7. When will the winners be declared?
Each month a Top winner will be declared.
8. How will the winners be selected?
The Write India editorial team will select the top stories according to our strict criteria and share them with the author of the month. The celebrity author of the month will then help select the Top 10 entries and declare the Three Top Winners.
9. If I am the winner, will my story be published without any changes?
No, the Times of India edit team may edit the story to make it reader friendly.
10. What will happen to the stories?
A book will be published with all the top winning entries.
11. What happens to my stories if I do not win?
For all the stories submitted, the moral and ownership rights remain with the author of the story, irrespective of whether the author is a winner or not. TIL shall make reasonable efforts to publish each story through any mode/platform with acknowledgement and due credit to the author. TIL shall have exclusive rights to use, publish the stories for initial two years of ending of the Campaign. After the exclusivity period of two years, both TIL and the author shall be free to use the stories anywhere in any form.
12. What if I get a deal/ offer from XYZ company for the story I submitted for Write India after the completion of the campaign?
If within the first two years of ending of the Campaign, you get a publishing deal and would like to use your story elsewhere, you would be required to inform TIL and if suitable, we can enter the deal on your behalf. Contract for such a deal may be between TIL and third party or could be a Tripartite deal, depending on the deal and on a case-to-case basis.
13. What happens after 2 years if I am getting a commercial deal with someone which requires exclusivity?
Since TIL shall have non-exclusive rights to use and publish the stories after two years of ending of the Campaign, the author cannot sign an exclusive deal with someone without permission from TIL, as it will be in conflict with TIL’s rights.
14. Will my story be used by The Times of India?
Yes, The Times of India has the right to use your story for commercialization /promotional purposes.
15. When will the book be published?
The book will be published soon after the entire contest is over.
Source: Times of India