The origin of this fruit is in Mexico and Caribbean. Thanks to Spaniards who bought this fruit to Indian sub-continent. And there after it become a native fruit that everyone loves in India.
This fruit is the value for money fruit ever. I consider banana and chikoo a “volksfrucht” a true people’s fruit that everyone can afford. You go anywhere in India: on street, in train, in bus stops you will find a vendor with a handcart selling chikoo.
.Choco chips (Optional)
Few Health Benefits Of Chikku Or Chikoo
- Chikoo is naturally sweet due to natural sugar fructose and sucrose and hence its energetic too.
- This fruit is one of the cheapest fruits available in India. Everyone can afford this delicious healthy fruit.
- It has natural dietary fiber and roughage that helps improving tummy health and fight with constipation and other digestion related problems.
- Chikoo is consider to be good for lactating mother due to essential nutrients and carbohydrate. It helps in pregnancy by overcoming nausea and dizziness.
- This fruit has a lot of minerals including calcium, iron and phosphorous. Hence its good for bones and helps in strengthening them. PREPARATIONS:
- Remove the skin of Chikoo properly.
- Cut the chikoo in quarters and remove the seeds.
- Put chikoo in a Container and add milk.
- Add cashews, Sugar and blend the mixture properly using an electric blender.
- Chikoo milkshake is ready. Pour the milkshake in serving glasses, Decorate with Chocolate syrup and choco chips and serve chilled.