If you are into Kitty Parties or hosting your Kids Birthday party and want to serve some home made snack in a fun new avatar. Then try this new style of serving of Jhaal Muri (Kolkata Puffed Rice snack)
All You need to do is prepare tikha masaaledaar Jhaal Muri and serve it the way shown in the picture below and your snack is ready to be served. Every body would love this serving trust me 🙂
HOW TO PREPARE JHAAL MURI?
- 4 cups murmura/ muri (puffed rice)
- 1/4 cup fine sev (bengal gram vermicelli)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup potato boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup tomato finely chopped, seeded
- 1/2 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chili, finely chopped, adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped (hara dhania)
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 4 teaspoons mustard oil
- 4 teaspoons roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
Short sized glasses for serving and Papad/ Nachos & Bhujiya for garnishing.
How to make Bengali Jhaal Muri
- Combine all the dry spices together. Set aside.
- Heat a 1 teaspoon of oil in a small pan on medium heat, add peanuts and roast stirring continuously till lightly brown. This should take about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Dry roast the muri/puffed rice on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Notes: muri should not change color, they should be white but roasting gives freshness and make them crispy. Set aside.
- Just before ready to serve jhaal muri add the peanuts, sev, tomato, potato, cucumber, green chili, cilantro, tamarind paste, mustard oil and spices. Toss them and serve in the short sized glass, add Nachos/ Papad on top of it and it’s done.